The good of patience

Hello there :)
I passed all my final tests a week ago so I've got a lot of free time and now I'm doing nothing. Almost. To the 22nd February, I guess. Then I'll have to get back to learning.
But now I'm enjoying the freedom - I'm reading books, watching films, playing FIFA etc. But what is the important thing - almost everyday I drive a car to improve my skills with my father sitting on the right. And that's very annoying, on the other hand, because he's always complaining and reprimanding me. Imagine the situation: 15 minutes of ride and comments like: "Why are you turning this wheel so much? Do it more gently!" or "You're making the same mistake again! Can't you see what's going on there on the street?". Nevertheless I'm learning patience by that. And recently I've seen how important it is to be patient.

Yesterday I found that short note about patience written by Saint Cyprian:
(that is my own translation, it may be poor, sorry :P)
The patience soothes our anger, controls our tongue, guards our thoughts, looks after peace, holds up our discipline, breaks lecherous temptations, stops sudden passions, puts put conficts, holds back powerful and rich ones...
There was more about it but it's very difficult to translate it for the language is rather archaic. If you want to learn more - I send you here - The good of patience :)
Have a nice reading!

Komentarze

Popularne posty